Looking back at all of my tumblr posts about love and relationships, I find it so ironic. Didn’t expect to find him so soon…Mr. Right, I mean. Nor did I expect that it’d be the dude I’d see in IKEA’s restaurant and break room every now and then for the past 2+ years. I’m excited to see what this guy has in store for me, and what the future has in store for us. He always keeps me guessing…always keeps throwing me off with pleasant surprises…romantic ass dude. Shit…haha. I got a good one.
My LA getting all up in that LA. Can’t wait to see you guys murk em and rep Seattle.
that I wouldn’t mind going on a date with a certain few of my guy friends (separately of course lol), kissing them because they’re just oh so sweet, and then just wanting to be back to friends afterwards like nothing really happened?
Damn hormones. That’s what drunk dials/confessions/kisses are for. LOL “oh sorrryyy I was just soooooo drunk I didn’t know what I was doing!” No justification necessary. ohp :o
Don’t get me wrong, I consider myself pretttty smart, but by no means would I ever consider myself a genius.
1. My major. Which is Human-Centered Design & Engineering (HCDE). Every time I tell people what my major is they’re always like “Wait what? Wow, that sounds really hard…” Not as hard as you think, sucka! HCDE is not your typical engineering major. It actually used to be just Technical Communication in 2007 or so, but then they decided to broaden the curriculum of the department and make it more interdisciplinary, branching into other fields such as informatics and design. They changed the name to HCDE and provided two main degree options: Human Computer Interaction (which is what I’m doing) and Technical Communication. Rather than getting into the mechanics and science of engineering, HCDE is more of the study of engineering and design and how users’ needs are currently addressed or not addressed, and how we can improve engineering/design to accommodate their needs.
2. My choice of classes in college. My easiest class ever was INFO 100, total joke. Got a 102/100 on the final project. Like really? Haha. I managed to avoid taking chemistry altogether, which is pretty unheard of for an engineering major. I made such an effort to avoid it because I honestly didn’t want to deal with those 3-hour labs. My mentality: I commute bitch, I don’t have time for that! My major gave me flexibility in choose what math and science classes to take; I just had to choose from a list they had. The general chemistry courses were on the list, but so were biology and atmospheric sciences. So I took a few of those courses instead. Suckas, muahaha. Because I commuted and did extracurriculars, I didn’t want to overload myself will difficult science classes, especially when I didn’t HAVE to.
3. My grades. 3.996 GPA in high school, and I graduated with the IB Diploma (certificate that requires taking about 10 college-level classes throughout junior and senior year and a 4000 word essay). Genius? NOT REALLY haha. Do mind that I went to a Kent public school. My IB classes were pretty hard/time-consuming, but I just did my work and studied a bunch to get A’s in them (minus IB Chem…A-…SKAGENNN, fucked my 4.0 up! -_-). I only did the Diploma to challenge myself and get some college credit. I also felt obliged to, being in the Top 10 of my class, which I guess makes me sound hella smart haha. My success in high school was just due to using my head and doing my work when I was supposed to. My GPA now in college is 3.4, which is pretty good. But I’ve only gotten two 4.0’s throughout my college career, and that was in my first quarter ever. My lowest grade was a 2.4 in BIO 180, a 700-student class…HATED that fucking class. The tests were horrible, but the instructors were probably also just horrible. Ugh, the worst experience. I took that class during my second quarter of junior year, so my 3.87 quickly turned into a 3.48. Whatever, shit happens, my fault. Haha still, FUCK.
THE REALITY: My vocabulary knowledge is mediocre, therefore I have trouble reading a lot of the readings I have to do for class. Sometimes the material is too deep/difficult for me to grasp, so in these instances I feel hella dumb during class discussion when my peers pull out some insightful, philosophical shit. Sometimes I get hella bored in classes totally unrelated to my interests because I don’t really give a crap about what we’re learning. There have been several times when I have dozed off in class and missed half of the lecture. I’ve had friends/tutors help me understand entire concepts I’ve been clueless about. I’m like any other “normal” student in these aspects. So people are terribly mistaken when they think I’m too smart for them, or for my own good. Wanna be “smart” like me? Just do your shit, mang. Do all you can to succeed and you’re there.
So one of the most superficial shows on TV, The Real World (this season is set in San Diego), just provided me somewhat a new perspective on the meaning of the word “soulmate.” Well, more specifically, the smartest and most accomplished girl on the show Alexandra Grovere gave me this renewed perspective. She described her boyfriend as her soulmate, so I proceeded to roll my eyes, until what she said next. She said she believes that one’s soulmate does not have to be the one they end up marrying or being with for the rest of their life; she believes that one’s soulmate could be someone that they are meant to be with at some point in their life, for however long it may be. She had apparently been just friends with her boyfriend for 12 years before they actually got together.
After hearing this, I was quick to look up what wikipedia had to say about this term, and on the site it’s defined as “a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity, similarity, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality, or compatibility.” No where in that definition does it say that a soulmate is one and only one person meant for you and who is the one you’re bound to spend the rest of your life with, which is what a soulmate seems to sound like to people nowadays. But according to Alexandra and Wikipedia (two very valuable sources I know…hey, SHUT UP), a soulmate seems more like someone you find to share a inevitably deep connection with. That connection may be felt upon the beginning of the friendship but it’s often the case that you don’t immediately get with the person. Years may go by, and you and that person may be separated by hundreds of miles. But if you eventually reunite with that person even after years of separation, and that connection amazingly is still there and can be felt between you two, that person can probably be considered your soulmate.
People come and go in and out of your life every day, but you should pay close attention to the ones that seem to keep finding their way back in, just when you think they’ve left for good.
someone proves themselves to be a waste of your time, effort, and thought. If they do, it’s clear that they don’t deserve any of it.
Life lessons learned from girl talk. Noted.
that two or three guys/girls you know could just combine into one person and be your perfect boyfriend/girlfriend? LOL it’s a twisted feeling.
I couldn’t even say hi to the boy I liked for like forever in my class during my elementary and middle school days. Or anything for that matter. I’d look forward to moments when I HAD to talk to or say something to him, such as in group discussions or when our desks got placed next to each other. I was such a little girl about it. Because I couldn’t be more proactive, he ended up liking and getting together with one of my best friends haha fail. In high school, I had several crushes but I never really did anything about them except become friends with them since I still lacked confidence. Although this was the case, I still daydreamed about how wonderful it’d be to be in love and have a boyfriend. I eventually got a boyfriend at the end of junior year when I didn’t even try. When me and said boyfriend broke up when I started college, I reached some sort of epiphany: dude, I’m still so young, but I’m already in college and I’ve only dated, or talked to for that matter, one guy? WHAT IS THIS?! Explore, Jill, explore! No time for a boyfriend anyway so might as well scope what’s out there! So during these past two years of college life I’ve done some exploring, getting to know and have mini flings with guys that pique my interest. I’d get the thrill of the flirting, and if they blow it or eventually bore me, or if I sense that I blew it or bore them, I back off and put em in the friend zone…and sometimes not ever talk to them again haha. And usually that’s not on purpose…it just happens out of the apparent awkwardness lol. I won’t say that I got hella good game nowadays, because I don’t, or that I’m always tryna get on guys, because I’m not, but I will say I’m definitely more confident than I ever was before, and a little more confident than most girls are in this game. If I want to let a guy know I’m interested, I’ll flirt with him and send a couple signs, and if he doesn’t get the idea I’ll straight up ask him to hang out some time. Not like I’m asking him to marry me ahhaha. But I’m still a pretty picky person with standards, so even if I meet a guy for the first time and think he’s kinda/hella cute, I usually won’t do anything unless we actually click. THEN I’ll ask our mutual friend if he’s single and be quick on it haha. Haven’t had anyone come anywhere close to boyfriend material yet, so I dunno what that says about my standards or the guys I’ve talked to so far. I think they all just failed and my standards are just fine hahah. :) I’m not asking for a prince charming, but I just don’t want a dumb douchebag who doesn’t make me feel on top of the world when he should. Jillian mutha-effin’ Redosendo doesn’t settle for less. Bitch.
for being a good girl? Screw y’alllllll I’m just doing me. And IDGAF what you think about it. :) sucka
If I could have it my way, I’d want it to be a big benefit dance party with a DJ, a live band to perform (LIONS AMBITION!?), silly string, streamers, a slip & slide, and 80s-themed or white-out so we can throw neon paint at each other like Katy Perry did for her 25th bday party. Basically, I want a party kinda like the one in her “Last Friday Night” music video lol. :) Instead of taking gifts, I’d charge a cover for admission, and the proceeds would go to charity, probably Relay for Life since my bday is a few weeks before the UW Relay event.
The hardest party is figuring out what the best venue is for this kind of thing. Ideally, it’d be tight if I could rent out a secluded lake house or something, since a nightclub wouldn’t let me have a slip & slide or throw paint everywhere. :/ I also might want security AT the party so people won’t be breaking shit or getting into dumb fights, and so the party doesn’t get shut down by the popo hah.
I want this to be the best birthday ever with the party of my dreams. “Parties” nowadays consist of just shots and beer pong, which is kinda lame in my opinion. WHERE’D THE DANCE PARTIES GO?! Does one HAVE to just go to the club? But clubs are never like this:
^ I WANT DAT. LOOKS SO FUN fuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
If any of my friends could help me make this happen, they’d be the best friends ever. :) kthxbai
I’ve only had one actual boyfriend so far, and it ended up pretty disastrous.
I’m not really scarred from it; I have been down to talk to and date other guys.
But in terms of having a guy earn the “boyfriend” title…that’s another story.
Not only does he have to be someone I’d be proud to take home to the parents,
he has to make me feel alive.
He’d take me to wonderful places I’ve never seen before.
He’d “make my everyday, mundane places exciting again.” -Truc
He’d crack up about barely anything with me.
He’d race me to our destination.
He’d goof around with me when we’re in public and when we’re alone.
He’d go on spontaneous adventures around town with me when we’re bored.
He’d play-fight with me, using nerf toys, water guns, and the like.
He’d give me piggyback rides whenever I pleased.
He’d take me to random rooftops to admire the view together.
He’d dance with me in the rain.
He’d let me ride on the handlebars of his bike.
He’d go down slides and swing on swings with me at parks.
He’d make me feel…forever young.
If he thinks he’s too cool to do any of these things with me, he probably won’t last very long in my world, or in my heart. My name means “youthful”, and a big part of me will always hold true to it. I’m an old-fashioned kind of girl in the sense that I don’t think drinking and partying defines my fun. It’s cool every now and then, but little things in life like those mentioned above make me really happy. I want to celebrate life as much as I can, so I’d be blessed to find someone who’d want to celebrate with me. :)
Let me break it down for you.
- Go to Sonic Drive-In
- Go to a farmer’s market.
- Go to Redmill Burger. - Go to Gasworks Park. - Watch the sunset at alki. - See the creepy rainbow house. - Do hot yoga. - Go rowing/canoeing at UW. - Go to Kent Cornicopia.
- Go see the Fremont Troll.
- Go to the Olympic Sculpture Park in downtown.
- Go to the Seattle Art Museum on a first Thursday of a month, when admission is free!
- Ride my IKEA bike around Kent.
- Go skimboarding.
- Go rollerblading.
- Go club/bar-hopping in Vancouver, BC. (scheduled July 16)
- Go to Wild Waves/Enchanted Village.
- Go to the Puyallup Fair.
- Become decent on guitar.
- Get into spray painting.
- Maybe take a cake decorating class.
- Go bargain-shopping at thriftstores. - Watch all the Harry Potter movies made since the Goblet of Fire (lol yes, I’m clearly not that into the craze).
- Try new foods/Eat out at restaurants I’ve never been to.
- Make some new friends. - Sell something(s) I don’t need for extra moneyz.
- Go to the Torchlight Parade. (me going didn’t happen due to conflicting schedules. next year!)
- Go to a dance party.
- Do something crazy.
- Have a summer fling? lolol I’m young! live it up. a tiny one, but it still counts!
- Get a back massage by a professional at a spa.
- Go biking around Marymoor Park using the Dasani Blue Bikes.
- Go to a concert at Marymoor Park.
- Go to Ocean Shores. - Have a 1940s day with some friends, which includes wearing the fashion and having some good old-fashioned fun in the city, haha.
To be continued. Anyone down to join me for any of these activities? Lemme know. :)
…that my next loverboy or future husband and I will be connected by music, whether it be through us enjoying the same kinds of music, or through his professions of love for me through song. To me, a musical connection is one of the most effortless and purest connections you can form with someone. I can’t even begin to explain why.
- You resist because you don’t wanna look eager, desperate, obsessed.
- There’s a certain amount of time you make yourself wait before replying to their text, even though you read their text right when you received it.
- In this time, you may spend like 10 minutes on deciding what the “right” reply to their text would be, taking special attention to the specific words you use, the tone your text seems to convey, and even punctuation (“should I end this sentence with a period or an exclamation point? I don’t wanna sound too excited…yet I don’t wanna sound too serious…”).
- When they call, you let your phone ring a few times to calm your giddy nerves down enough to sound chill when you finally answer.
- You hold in your excitement when you see them, because you can’t let them know that seeing them makes your heart race just a little bit.
- When you’re in the same room or within considerable distance of each other, you do all you can to not directly look at them (even though you actually still do in your peripheral vision), make sure you’re in their direct vision, and pretend you’re having so much fun with whoever you happen to be talking to.
- You keep your facebook comments, wall posts, etc between you and them to a minimum, because you don’t want to seem like you’re stalking their profile.
- When they ask you how your weekend was, you reply with “it was gooood…”, leaving them to their imagination. (500 Days of Summer)
LOL it’s definitely an art. Can you relate?
Ugh. I’ll resume downloading when I’m done with finals. One of the reasons why I’d like a personal secretary. haha I’ve been adding on to this list for a few months now…I listened to the majority of them on my Flying Lotus station (my study music) on pandora. Downloading them one at a time doesn’t sound very appealing. Give me songs you think should be in this list! I love hearing what other people love to see if I’d love it too.
The Grouch - Breath
Gene Farris - Smoke Session Pause
Dan the Automator - 3030
Radio Citizen - The Hop
Prefuse 73 - One Word
Prefuse 73 - Afternoon Love-In
Madlib - Stepping Into Tomorrow
Thes One - Target
Cookie Monsta - Optimus Prime
Handsome Boy Modeling School - The Truth
Strange Fruit Project - Maintain
Black Milk - Three+sum
Madlib - Raw Heat
Blockhead - Insomniacs Olympics
RJD2 - One Day
Bobby Hughes Experience - The Piper Cherokee
Flying Lotus - Heart Wave 2
Flying Lotus - Sangria Spin Cycles
Far East Movement - So What?
Kid Cudi - Know Why
Chiddy Bang ft. Q-Tip - Here We Go
Kid Cudi - Mojo So Dope
Lauren Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
Jay-Z - Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)
Nas - Hip Hop is Dead
Blue Scholars - Lumiere
Kid Cudi - Mr. Rager
Wale - Mirrors
RJD2 - All For You
Flying Lotus - Interference
Gramatik - Don’t You Know
The Maine - Everything I Ask For
Keri Hilson - Energy
Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
Goldfish - Mbira Beat
Gotan Project - Queremos Pas
J Dilla - The
Prefuse 73 - Nuno
Flying Lotus - Roboteflak
RJD2 - Get It
Channel Live - Let Me Flow
Flying Lotus - Camel
Harmonic 313 - Arc Light
Portishead - Glory Box
Royksopp - Happy Up Here
Moss - Retread Lightly
Jimmy Roses - Out Here
BT - The Emergency
Crystal Castles & Robert Smith - Not In Love
Afrojack ft. Eva Simons - Take Over Control (radio)
Edward Maya - Stereo Love
DEV - Bass Down Low
Raphael Saadiq - Radio
Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed Remix (Dubstep)
Time Machine - Personal Ads
Olympics - Insomniacs
Mweeslee - Raw War
Thievery Corporation - Resolution
Madlib - All I Know
Flying Lotus - My Chippy
The Last Goodnight - Stay Beautiful
You see a girl who catches your eye at a friend’s party. At the library. In class. At the club. On Red Square. Wherever. How do you get her to really notice you without being too forward? I’ll give it to you straight: just go up to her and tell her “I’m sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to let you know that I think you’re beautiful. That’s all. Have a great day!” Don’t ask for her name or number or anything afterwards. Just walk away. If she’s interested, she’ll stop you from walking away. If she isn’t, she won’t stop you but you most likely made her day by telling her that you thought she was beautiful. Either way, you took a chance and paved the way for something to possibly happen between you two. And you managed to do so without being super creepy. It really isn’t as difficult as people make it seem.
There’s just one thing you need to do this: BALLS.
Yeah yeah, easier said than done, but suck it up if you really want her attention.
Good luck! ;p
AW JORDAN! I love you. Thank you. :) <3
I’M LOVE-DEPRIVED. I ALMOST DON’T REMEMBER WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO LOVE AND BE LOVED. MORE AND MORE OF MY FRIENDS ARE GETTING BOYFRIENDS/GIRLFRIENDS OR ARE AT LEAST TALKING TO SOMEONE THEY LIKE. IT GETS LONELIER.
I ALMOST FEEL UNWANTED.
I’VE BEEN DOING PRETTY WELL THIS PAST YEAR, ENJOYING THE SINGLE LIFE, BUT…I’M APPROACHING MY LIMIT.
My heart wants to love again.
But then, I also don’t think I’m ready to.
When the time’s right, he’ll come around. And make me smile. He’ll know what to do to win me over. See you when that time comes, boo.
It’s been about a year now, and I just wanted to say…thank you for setting me free. It ended up really being the best for the both of us. I’ve had so much fun that I wouldn’t have had if I were still in a relationship with you, maximizing my college experience. And it looks like you’re pretty happy too. Although I’d still rather have nothing to do with you, I still want to let you know that I’m grateful. You’re still with her, I’m still with no one, but it’s still okay. I’m in no rush; I’ve been down for talking to new guys and dating, but I still don’t even think I’d be ready for another relationship if the opportunity came up. The unappealing aspect of being tied down by someone and feeling settled down keeps getting in the way of me considering it. I’m still so young! I know someday, one day, some guy will be able to easily change my mind. But whatever, I’ll just keep going with the flow; everything happens for a reason, right?
Anyway, thanks again. DEUCES bruh